TALENT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 96834-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: COOP/OPS/HUMAN RESOURCES
Categories: Human Resources, Payroll, Training, Employee Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96834-AS
Working Title: Talent Development Specialist
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 01, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $48,333 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in human resources management, organizational development, business administration education, or related field preferred OR equivalent experience.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum two years of experience working in human resource and/or related business services, within UW System or higher education preferred. Prefix is dependent on relevant work experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in professional development and/or training, with curriculum development experience preferred.
- Knowledge of policies and laws related to human resources; UW policies, procedures, and systems strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge managing human resource activities in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with developing and sustaining collaborative work relationships and a high degree of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, flexible, and adaptable in creating and fostering a positive work environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with utilizing data and generating reports.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and engagement applied to areas of human resources and customer service.
License or certificate:
HR-related certification such as IPMA-CP or SHRM-CP is a plus.
This newly-created position is part of the new UW-Madison Division of Extension and Public Media and will provide a unique and evolving opportunity for the UW-Extension unit. Under the general supervision and direction of the Director of Extension Human Resources, the Talent Development Specialist serves as a resource for managers, supervisors, faculty, and staff of UW-Extension.This position provides high-level support and works closely with program partners to evaluate, implement and coordinate professional development and training needs across the organization. This position is also responsible for the development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives, and serves as an integral resource for a highly engaged and inclusive workforce.
The person in this position must have a collaborative, service-oriented approach to facilitate and foster effective professional working relationships throughout a diverse and geographically dispersed institution. They will need to understand and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information with professionalism and discretion, and exercise sound decision-making. They must be able to balance working autonomously and as a part of a team within a shared services model to contribute to the effective and efficient day-to-day service, to the greater UW-Extension and UW-Madison goals and mission. UW-Extension has approximately 700 employees with programs and employees located in all 72 counties throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume (uploaded documents in PDF are preferred). Your cover letter must describe your relevant experience and qualifications for the position.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL POSTING AVAILABLE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES WITHIN UW SYSTEM ONLY. APPLICATIONS EXTERNAL TO UW SYSTEM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 6 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 18 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time