Graduate Admissions Officer
Job Description Summary
As part of a cohesive and collaborative Graduate Admissions team, this position supports and participates in recruitment strategies to attract and yield highly qualified domestic, international, and online students across a broad portfolio of MBA and MS programs, with a focus on new college graduates and young professionals.
- Execute a best-practice customer service approach, working proficiently with the Slate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and collaborating with colleagues to ensure full life cycle management of each lead.
- Monitor lead activity to provide timely response to individual inquiries and initiate proactive outreach to prospective students; develop and implement effective personal strategies for sales and pipeline management.
- Coordinate logistics for on- and off-campus recruitment and yield events; represent the Graduate School, promote its programs, and actively engage prospects at fairs, conferences, school visits, and other off-campus events; conduct office appointments, info sessions, campus tours, webinars, and other on-campus activities.
- Contribute toward social media strategies to promote the Graduate School and engage prospective and admitted students.
- Work closely with other Admissions Officers to develop an understanding of programs, prerequisites, admissions criteria, and related trends; demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to Bentley's mission and core values.
- Advise prospective students on program offerings and requirements, admission standards and procedures, and the Bentley graduate student experience using a customer-focused approach.
- Participate in the evaluation of applicants based on a portfolio of educational, professional, and personal experience evidenced by submitted materials, interviews, and interactions to make recommendations regarding admission, scholarship awards, and credit evaluation
- Support Admissions Directors in aggressively and proactively monitoring pipeline activities and progress toward targets; contribute ideas and efforts for enhancing marketing, recruitment, and yield activities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned to meet changing business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to write and speak professionally and persuasively and to engage diverse audiences through both group presentations and individual consultations; fluency in English.
- A record of highly motivated, self-directed, and results-oriented accomplishments with respect to both individual and team goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to exercise sound judgement in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier. Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience with Bentley's graduate programs through undergraduate blended term enrollment or as a prior or current graduate student.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and deploying new technology, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or other data manipulation tools.
- Ability to converse in Mandarin, Hindi, Spanish, or other languages prominent in Bentley's international market.
- This position requires evening and weekend work and may involve domestic and international travel in order to conduct recruitment activities.
- Recruitment activities may require several hours of travel by plane and/or car, loading, unloading, and carrying materials and supplies, and standing for long periods.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.