Constituent Engagement Specialist - Department of Chemistry (104126)
Constituent Engagement Specialist
Department of Chemistry
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Chemistry seeks a Constituent Engagement Specialist to work as part of the advancement team to support the mission and goals of the department by cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, friends, and other stakeholders. This individual will advise on the department's engagement strategy, develop programming to build alumni affinity and volunteerism, and strategically involve students in the advancement process to encourage their engagement as future alumni.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary alumni relations liaison for internal and external constituencies. Advise on alumni relations strategy and initiatives, ensuring alignment with department goals and priorities.
- Serve as relationship manager for key alumni, donors, stakeholders and friends of the department.
- Work collaboratively with department and college advancement staff to coordinate individual alumni interactions, and to develop and manage broad-based initiatives that support regular and positive alumni interaction with the department, identifying ways to involve others (i.e. faculty, students, alumni, volunteers, etc.) as needed.
- Suggest and implement plans for highlighting Chemistry alumni, in collaboration with the department's stewardship and communications staff.
- Develop and manage a system for tracking alumni award opportunities, working with department faculty and staff to ensure Chemistry alumni are consistently nominated. Provide advice on potential nominees as requested.
- Coordinate efforts to engage alumni with current students and serve as the key contact for other units and organizations in utilizing current Chemistry students for alumni engagement.
- Coordinate activities related to the planning and execution of signature department events, such as ACS receptions, and assist with high-impact school, college, and campus events as needed. Duties require occasional travel.
- Coordinate itineraries for high-profile visitors, such as alumni award winners and donors, working with department faculty and staff to identify, suggest, and arrange appropriate activities and meetings for each individual.
- Ensure that events and engagement activity are recorded in TED.
- Maintain accurate alumni information in TED, and identify and implement methods to increase such information, in conjunction with existing campus efforts.
- Foster relationships with current students to identify potential alumni leaders and prospects.
- Bachelor's degree
- One (1) year of advancement experience which included alumni relations, special events, and/or development; developing relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni, or other stakeholders; and demonstrated experience managing multiple projects/deadlines; or two (2) years of customer relationship management experience or a related field.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with and providing leadership to students
- Knowledge of alumni relations programs and practices. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to produce high-quality work independently or as part of a team.
Salary and Start Date: This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Starting date is as soon as possible after closing date.
Application Procedures: For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), academic credentials (copies of unofficial transcripts or diploma are acceptable), and email information for three references by the closing date of December 20, 2018. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered.
For further information/questions: Contact the SCS HR Office at [email protected] or 217-300-1637.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon accepting a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Title: Constituent Engagement Specialist - Department of Chemistry (104126)
Open Date: 12/06/2018
Close Date: 12/20/2018
Organization Name: Chemistry