Student Financial Aid Administrator - Office of Student Financial Aid (107055)
Student Financial Aid Administrator
Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are being sought for a Student Financial Aid Administrator in the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Student Financial Aid Administrator will plan, operate, process and report a wide range of financial aid programs and services provided by the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) to a diverse student population. OSFA is responsible for the administration and coordination of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs totaling over $843 million annually and provide financial aid information and services to nearly 37,000 students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service/Outreach/Training -
- Provide advice and counsel to clients of the Office of Student Financial Aid, either in-person, by telephone or through written correspondence (including e-mail).
- Be knowledgeable of all student financial aid programs and services.
- Serve as liaison with University offices and other related financial aid agencies.
- Utilize available resources and provide presentations to large groups as well as work one-on-one with students and their families.
- Represent OSFA on institutional, state and federal committees and at professional conferences and workshops.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of legislation governing financial aid programs and federal needs analysis methodology.
- Exercise professional judgment when financial aid program guidelines do not seem to adequately address a specific situation.
Program Administration -
- Coordinate the staff efforts required to carry out program responsibilities and educate/train other office staff regarding the programs for which they are responsible.
- Responsible for the administration of programs and execution of procedures specified on the Office of Student Financial Aid Program Responsibilities list.
- Responsible for student awarding, disbursement and reconciliation of federal, state and institutional financial aid; accounting and funds management; maintenance of student records; application in-take and processing; verification of student records; and scholarship administration.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of work experience in student financial aid, customer service, or a related field; or a Master's degree in student personnel, higher education administration, business administration, or a related field
- Master's degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, Business Administration or a related field
- Successful experience in student financial aid or customer service.
- Experience presenting information to large groups of people.
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) by December 20, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including contact information for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: Student Financial Aid Administrator - Office of Student Financial Aid (107055)
Open Date: 12/06/2018
Close Date: 12/20/2018
Organization Name: Student Financial Aid-Admin