Procurement Systems Specialist
The University of Colorado's (CU) Procurement Service Center (PSC) is a nationally recognized procurement office dedicated to using technology to enhance the university's programs and create efficiencies within policies. PSC supports the entire CU community, which includes four campuses plus system administration. CU is a public research university serving Colorado, the nation and the world through leadership in high-quality and professional training, public service, advancing research and knowledge and leading-edge health care.
The Procurement Systems Specialist will provide day-to-day support to all systems critical to the success of the Procurement Service Center (PSC) including e-procurement, Concur Travel & Expense Management, and Imaging, by acting as the first point of contact for the Procurement Systems team and directing more complex systems-related issues to the appropriate team member. This position will report to the Director of Procurement Systems and work collaboratively with a diverse group to provide system support. This position is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
40% - System Support
- Provide daily support of PSC Systems and act as primary point of contact for email and telephone inquiries.
- Work closely with Director of Procurement Systems, colleagues, suppliers, and other stakeholders to prioritize and resolve system issues.
- Manage daily procurement system application errors (e-procurement, Concur, and ImageNow) and maintenance tasks to ensure proper functioning and integration of PSC Systems. Key aspects will include monitoring, documenting, reporting, and troubleshooting systems.
- Conduct testing on PSC System new releases, reporting any issues and recommendations.
- Identify commonly asked questions and areas of confusion within procurement systems and make recommendations to enhance user experience and increase use of PSC systems and available functionality.
- Collaborate with Procurement Systems team to identify areas of improvement and making ongoing recommendations.
10% - Special Projects
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of technical support best practices.
- Knowledge of Procurement processes and practices.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite (or related application) including experience with preparing spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while ensuring that timelines are being met.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with a diverse group, including co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and detail oriented skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to actively listen and act on what is needed.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $45,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs.
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience (the educational requirement may be substituted with professional experience on a year for year basis).
- One (1) years of technical/system support experience or e-procurement experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of general procurement practices.
- Business degree with technical education.
- Experience with procure to pay business processes.
- Experience with eProcurement systems.
- Professional experience in a higher education institution.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by 12/21/2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 52000 - Procurement Service Center
Posting Date: Dec 6, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tahlya Cox
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00721686