Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
Candidates are required to submit the following to be considered for this position:
- Resume, with date ranges, whether it was full or part time, and hours per week worked.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Starting Salary: $27,276.00 annual ($2,273.00 month)
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Recruiting for Multiple Positions (a variety of schedules will be available)
The purpose for this work unit is to provide comprehensive cleaning and building support services through the use of defined methods, materials, and equipment in order to provide an environment that is safe, clean, comfortable, and sanitary for the building occupants.
The key responsibilities include:
- Cleans, sanitizes, and maintains restrooms, classrooms, auditoriums, study rooms, conference rooms, hallways, elevators, common areas, offices, mail rooms, stairwells, entrances, vending areas, mini kitchens, laboratories, unassigned interior and exterior spaces, breakrooms, floors (hard and carpeted), windows, supporting and light fixtures, furniture, white boards, and all other space components. Removes trash and recycle material from all building spaces following defined methods. Provides coverage for other buildings and/or areas based on coverage for leave of another custodian. Replenishes supplies, maintains inventory to ensure building standards are maintained. Performs special cleaning projects as identify or assigned by supervisor. Provides custodial support for events on campus. Identifies maintenance deficiencies and reports them to supervisor. Maintains work spaces according to defined methods and department standards. Uses TMA and department systems to manage and account for work productivity. Works in a safe manner following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures. Integrates sustainability practices and standards into daily cleaning routine.
Interim, restorative, project cleaning, and spot cleaning:
- Interim cleaning - carpet spot machine cleaning, hard surface scrub and recoat, auto scrub, burnishing. Restorative cleaning - Furniture moved, and entire carpeted area machine cleaned. Hard surface, strip and refinish VCT and Terrazzo, cement floors. Project cleaning - Damp cleaning light fixture lenses and fixtures. Removing gum, washing surfaces and upholstery cleaning of furniture, tables, auditorium seating and partitions. Walk of mat cleaning. Ceiling vent cleaning. Spot cleaning - Removing finger smudges, spots, graffiti and solid spots from carpets, entrance doors, walls, partitions, vending machines and baseboards. Works in a safe manor following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures.
Minor equipment maintenance:
- Performs minor maintenance on custodial equipment including vacuum cleaners, high speed burnishes, floor buffers (175rpm), extractors, automatic scrubbers and other related equipment to ensure performance of daily tasks can be met. Ensure proper operation of chemical dilution stations. Works in a safe manor following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures.
Weather /Seasonal Mitigation/ Essential Personnel Response:
- Perform snow removal and ice control tasks per building seasonal requirements and as assigned by the on-duty Section Supervisor. Works in a safe manor following department and or supply manufacturers' recommendations, practices and procedures. Respond and perform to essential services as assigned based on the needs for health and safety of all building occupants.
- Minimum of 16 hours of training yearly relating to safety on the job and specific custodial methods.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director.
Candidates must understand, and comply with the following:
- Pre-employment Physical: Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ongoing Functional Capacity Testing
- Pre-employment Drug Testing
- Drug Free Workplace
- Driver's License Requirement
- Essential Services Designation - Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare
- Successful pass a Background Check
- Shift Work - Employee may be expected to work various shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays, depending on the needs of the building or work group
- Use, Handling, or Exposure to hazardous materials - Lab areas & exposure to cleaning products
- Infectious Materials/Human Blood or Bodily Fluids
- Demonstrated experience effectively working within a diverse population
- Demonstrated organizational commitment
- Effective customer service/interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Must be a Colorado resident.
- Six months or more custodial experience.
- Colorado Driver's License - Regular.
- One year or more custodial experience in large/high volume commercial buildings.
- One year or more experience in an Essential Personnel role.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Part of, if not the entire, comparative analysis process for this position will involve a review of the information you submit in your application materials by Subject Matter Experts. Therefore, it is essential that in the experience portion of your application material, you describe the extent to which you possess the education, experience, and competencies outlined in the job announcement as well as the required and/or preferred qualifications/competencies and pre-screening questions. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions may affect your status and prevent you from being considered in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants. If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:•Applications submitted by January 1, 2019 will receive full consideration. •Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. •Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. •Failure to properly attach the required documents; resume (CV) and unofficial transcript (if being used for substitution of the required experience on a year-for-year basis), will result in automatic disqualification for this position.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40118 - VCAF-AUX-Admin Operations
Posting Date: Dec 6, 2018
Closing Date: Jan 1, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Kristy Hignite
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00003065