Working Title: Finance Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Center for Teaching Excellence
Posting Date: 12-06-2018
The University of Virginia seeks applicants for a Finance Manager to support The Center for Teaching Excellence. The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) is a pan-University center for collegial community and committed conversation about teaching at all levels and in all academic disciplines. The CTE offers a number of services and resource materials designed to enhance the teaching abilities and professional development of faculty and teaching assistants at the University of Virginia. The CTE Finance Manager will work in conjunction with the Director to create the annual budgets by analyzing short and long term goals. This includes developing and implementing accurate, timely, and complete budget and accounting documents, spreadsheets, and templates. The CTE Finance Manager will manage special projects at the direction of the Center Director; including the management of grants and program administration, research in support of proposals, managing reporting process, preparing financial data, and event management to support grants or programs. Responsibilities will also include Office and Facility Management for the CTE.
A Bachelor's degree with at least two years of experience is required; a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting may substitute for some experience. Must have experience working independently to develop budgets, perform financial administration and reconciliation. Experience working collaboratively with external and internal constituents is required. Experience analyzing financial data, preparing user friendly reports, and explaining complex regulations and policies to a generalist audience is required. Excellent communication skills, strong organization skills, project management/event management experience is required, including the ability to manage complex projects and priorities. Must have experience with financial accounting software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Mail merge. Experience with Oracle, UBI, WorkDay, TravelUVA, ExpenseUVA, Microsoft Outlook, Slack, and UVABox is preferred.
To apply, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search job posting number #0624587. Complete a Staff Application online; attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. The position will remain open until filled.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Ashley Cochran, Academic Recruiter at [email protected]
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills:--professional, accurate, and diplomatic verbal and written communication.
- Strong accounting, budgeting and financial administration knowledge.
- Strong organizational and project / event management capabilities, including the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and priorities, coordinate with staff and faculty on deliverables and follow projects to completion - Strong organizational and project / event management capabilities, including the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and priorities, coordinate with staff and faculty on deliverables and follow projects to completion
- Ability to anticipate team needs and expectations .
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work activities in alignment with necessary schedules.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Tact, discretion, and good judgement.
- Initiative, including the ability to anticipate issues in accomplishing work and skill in communicating in advance to involved parties.
- Ability to develop knowledge and expertise to facilitate delegation responsibilities.
- Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to shifting priorities and relationships.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=86166