Human Resources Junior Generalist
Human Resources Junior Generalist
HR Coordinator I
Human Resources - 910600
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Join the Human Resources Team as we continue our journey to transform HR partnerships and services for our colleges, divisions, and departments. It's an exciting time at UNT, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a Human Resources Junior Generalist--HR Coordinator I to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
As one of Texas' largest Universities, the University of North Texas (UNT) is a 500-acre campus located in Denton, Texas, approximately 39 miles from the most dynamic metropolitan areas in the U.S., Dallas/Fort Worth. UNT is home to over 38,000 students and employs over 8000 faculty and staff members. The Human Resources Department partners with the campus community, providing guidance in all areas of human capital management.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Human Resources Junior Generalist--HR Coordinator I to join our team. The Human Resources Junior Generalist partners with stakeholders to address a variety of workplace issues in a way which provides tangible HR value. This position is customer facing and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This role will provide support to the Campus HR team and will provide services across multiple human resources functions including: employee relations, organizational development, talent management and acquisition, and total rewards. The incumbent will provide guidance and advice on HR related issues that are less complex.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Supports campus Human Resources team in delivery and implementation of customer facing business and people solutions in conjunction with HR Centers of Excellence (COE's).
* Handles general employee relations issues and makes appropriate recommendations.
* Provides detailed information to staff regarding HR policies and procedures.
* Serves as campus point of contact and provides guidance regarding employment processes, and monitors the campus talent acquisition process.
* Serves as an I-9 Coordinator, ensuring that form I-9 and the eVerify process are completed in accordance with federal regulations. Responsible for managing pending eVerify and temporary social security number cases.
* Prepares and facilitates training, including New Hire Orientation.
* Provides assistance in coordination of employee recognition events and other campus specific programs.
* Provides input and feedback that enhances delivery of existing programs including research on best practices.
* Queries and compiles reports regarding campus HR activities.
* Provides administrative support in handling human resources functions.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in a related field; and a minimum of two years' experience in Human Resources or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to human resources, affirmative action and EEO
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite
* Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data
* Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
* Critical thinking skills
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow through
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting