Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-07-2018
The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting with various volleyball coaching, training, recruiting, scouting, management, and administrative duties of the volleyball program as assigned by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills.
3. Advanced knowledge of techniques and strategies.
4. Thorough knowledge of NCAA recruiting rules.
5. Proven organizational and leadership ability.
6. Competitive athletic experience, preferably in Division I intercollegiate athletics.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree
2. Three years coaching volleyball within NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics
3. Three years recruiting experience
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.