Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 12-06-2018
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the research, development, maintenance and support of the services provided by ION Cloud, Compute, and Authentication (CCA) team to Administrative Technologies and its customers in accordance with University needs, specifications, and policy and as designated by the immediate supervisor.
The primary focus for this position will be as a Systems Administrator, focusing to develop, optimize, implement and maintain the services provided by ION CCA team.
1. Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
a. Progressively more responsible work experience in IT related profession
b. College course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate's degree equals one year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's degree equals two years
2. Active working experience in server Systems Administration, specifically with Microsoft Windows Server and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
3. Two years of professional experience with hardware and software technology integration in large computing environments.
4. Demonstrated experience working with internal and external teams to develop, implement, and maintain hardware, software, and services.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of networking concepts.
6. Foundation qualification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILv3) or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Previous programming experience, particularly scripting (Perl, PHP, PowerShell, etc.)
2. Server management experience including managing server images and patching Windows and Linux systems (SCCM, WSUS, SCOM, Satellite)
3. Experience with directory services such as Active Directory or LDAP.
4. Extensive Active Directory Experience including (AD Certificate Services, Encrypted File Services, Windows File Services, windows DNS, MDOP, LAPS etc.)
5. Virtual Computing experience including VMware technologies
6. IT security background
7. Cloud Computing experience (Amazon AWS, Azure, etc.)
8. Experience in automation of tasks
9. Experience with web services, specifically Apache, IIS and Tomcat
10. Experience working with clustered servers both Windows and Linux
11. Experience managing large backup environments using Commvault management software
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.