About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-177
Posting Start Date: 12/6/2018
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $51,388 - $57,870
Oversees the College's Contract Administration (including Minority Business Enterprises, Small Business Enterprises and Veteran's Small Business Enterprises etc.) and Contract Compliance. Maintain and update contracts database with tracking information monitoring contract expiration dates. Perform vendor contract redlines for compliance in accordance to COMAR. Prepare documents that are to be submitted to DBM, DoIT and BPW. Assists the Procurement Director in developing and managing procurements, evaluating procurement proposals and providing guidance in the ongoing administration and compliance of a variety of existing contracts. Assists the Procurement Director in ensuring that all prime contractors and subcontractors are following the College code and COMAR regulations. Perform cradle - to - grave procurement solicitations for IFB's and RFP's with very little to no oversight from direct supervisor.
- Bachelors' degree in business, construction management or related area.
- Two years full-time or equated experience in contract management area.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in contracts compliance monitoring is highly desirable.
- Two years of state or local government procurement experience preferred.
- Procurement certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DBM and DoIT requirements for submitting documentation for BPW agenda items.
- Ability to maintain good public relations for the Office of Procurement and interactions with the campus community, vendors, and other external agencies and entities.
- Knowledge of Minority Business Enterprise compliance with COMAR and policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the understanding of the type of supplies, equipment and services relating to education institution requirement.
- Ability to perform math functions including percentages and demonstrate good analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide rate of audiences.
- Knowledge of procurement process, best practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of public contracting principles, including proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract law and finance.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.