Director of Leadership and Civic Engagement
Position Number 013487
Functional Title Director of Leadership and Civic Engagement
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Director of Leadership and Civic Engagement is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional to assume leadership of an exceptional department with a strong, stable staff, and a history of state, regional, and national leadership. The Director is responsible for the operations of the office, including supervision, and inspiration of both leadership and civic engagement activities. The Director will work closely with faculty to implement and support service learning in the classroom and community. The Director will work closely with local and regional agencies, non-profits, corporations, and industries to support volunteerism, service learning, and service.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with minimum of seven years of directly related full-time professional experience, or equivalent, required. The successful applicant must have demonstrated expertise working with diverse populations; demonstrated expertise in engaged pedagogies at the university level and in faculty-student research; demonstrated expertise in the body of knowledge related to leadership development, community/volunteer service, service-learning, civic learning and democratic engagement, and social justice; exemplary oral and written communication skills; demonstrated expertise in managing staff, budgets, program planning and program evaluation; demonstrated expertise in assessing program outcomes and student learning; high energy, excellent follow-through, commitment to collaborative and inclusive work.
Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution and grant writing success strongly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range Mid $80's, depending on experience.
Org #-Department Leadership and Civic Engagement - 44805
Job Open Date 08/08/2018
For Best Consideration Date 08/31/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Link to Professional Portfolio
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Masters degree in Higher Education, Counseling, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university?
- * Do you have a minimum of seven years of directly-related full-time professional experience, or equivalent?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience working with diverse populations?
- * This position requires demonstrated expertise in engaged pedagogies at the university level and in faculty-student research, along with demonstrated expertise in the body of knowledge related to leadership development, community/volunteer service, service-learning, civic learning and democratic engagement, and social justice. Can you document your expertise in both pedagogies and literature and research as noted above?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu