Student Services Officer 2
Student Services Officer 2
Job Number: 81377
Job code: 7502
Stanford University's Biomedical Informatics (BMI) program is seeking a Student Services Officer 2 with the ability to resolve
complex issues with substantial impact and significance for approximately 80 students in the PhD, Master's and Co-terminal graduate student programs. The ideal candidate enjoys working directly with students, faculty and staff to create a vibrant academic community and is confident in explaining and upholding policy, implementing and improving current practices, and tracking the many details related to degree progress, course scheduling, graduate admissions and graduate student funding, as well as maintaining cordial alumni and donor relationships. Working closely with the BMI Executive Director, the Student Services Officer 2 is directly responsible for all graduate student academic services. This position serves as a key member of the program and is expected to work with considerable independence and expertise in application of established program and university student services procedures and guidelines. This position supervises one full-time Student Services Specialist.
- Administer an area or program in student services, evaluate and recommend decisions on program eligibility.
- Review decisions recommended by other staff.
- Collaborate with others to help resolve program issues and concerns, interpret policies, and mediate complex and sensitive issues.
- Resolve multi-dimensional matters in response to students in crisis, at risk, or who have other program issues, counsel students and parents on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Provide guidance and counsel, oversee and develop a wide range of programs and services, analyze effectiveness and make recommendations for future programs.
- Reconcile complex issues; analyze diverse transactions from multiple sources.
- Summarize data from multiple sources, prepare management reports and presentations.
- Identify and evaluate data needs, manage the implementation and development of technology.
- Develop and Implement plans for outreach efforts, develop and maintain external community and university liaison represent department and university at meetings and events.
- Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic program policies, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., in order to assist them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Apprise students of research, fellowship and scholarship opportunities, make recommendations and may award grants.
- May oversee, analyze and assist in financial processes and development of budgets.
- Serve as a key member of university wide teams and projects.
- May train and supervise other staff, volunteers, student and temporary workers.
Specific Stanford Student Services experience is highly desirable and strongly preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency