Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator
Job Number: 81381
The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL) supports campus-based learning and extended education. It supports Stanford faculty and instructors, schools, and departments in advancing Stanford educational experiences for undergraduate, graduate, professional, and lifelong learners. VPTL seeks a service-minded human resources administrator who thrives on helping others succeed by providing support to non-academic staff, temporary and casual staff, and Stanford student staff.
Under the direct supervision of the department manager, the human resources administrator builds trusting relationships as the first point of contact for general human resource and recruiting administration. Our ideal candidate is highly detailed, organized, and customer service-oriented.
This is a 2-year fixed-term position.
- Administer personnel operations across the full employee life-cycle from recruiting, hiring, onboarding, developing, promoting, and offboarding.
- Coordinate and perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running routine reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes (i.e. pay period end reports). Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including posting jobs, scheduling interviews, checking references, and managing the applicant tracking system. May train hiring managers or collaborators.
- Coordinate the onboarding process, including background checks, I-9 forms, and new hire orientations.
- Communicate human resources policies, and explain processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager for resolution.
- Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- Serve as time and leave administrator for exempt and non-exempt timecards.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation).
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to track leaves.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources staff.
Education & Experience:
Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
A bachelor's degree with at least 1-2 years of human resources experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
Certifications and Licenses:
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Code: 4701
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency