SENIOR EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIALIST
SENIOR EARLY CHILDHOOD SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV3674
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Child Development Center
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the daily classroom operations of the Early Childhood Development Center. Provides care and educates young children in a child care environment. Implements and enforces the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services minimum standards for a licensed center. Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities that advance all areas of children's development and learning, including social emotional, intellectual and physical competence.
Description of Duties:
• Establishes a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of children with an emphasis on language development and emergent literacy skills.
• Supervises and protects the health and safety of children by: sanitizing the environment as required, inspecting the classrooms and playgrounds for health/safety hazards, and administering first aid as needed to the children.
• May represent the Director is absence as needed for licensing requirement.
• Develops and implements activities and lesson plans that encourage curiosity, exploration and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children.
• Plans and uses proper instructional and learning strategies, activities, curriculum materials, equipment and technology that will encourage the social and emotional development of children.
• Executes positive behavior management techniques through daily contact with children and early childhood staff in the classroom.
• Maintains daily meal counts, health checks, accident reports, and other related forms as needed.
• Oversees maintenance upkeep and inventory of classroom, supplies, materials and equipment.
• Coordinates two parent conferences per year, communicates effectively with parents regarding their child’s progress and activities and provides opportunities for parent participation.
• Participates in team planning sessions with all Early Childhood Specialists to ensure well-coordinated and effective delivery of project services to meet program objectives.
• Supervises and engages with children outdoors.
• Follows the Texas Department of Agriculture - Special Nutrition Program standards.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and local and out-of-town trainings as needed.
• Assists in serving meals and snacks to children.
• Mentors and oversees volunteers, field study and work study employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff and students.
Associate’s Degree (AA or AS) in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
Upon hire, employee must obtain Adult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid Training by the American Heart Association or other accredited organization within the first fourteen (14) working days. Must have negative TB test. FBI Criminal Background check clearance.
Three (3) years of childcare experience in a licensed childcare facility as a classroom teacher of young children in a child development center or other educational facility.
Criminal Background Check and background clearance through Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
More than the required experience in in a child development center or other educational facility. Experience working with children of ages 3 months to 5 years. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Minimum Standards for a Child Care Center and the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Program Criterions.
Use of standard office equipment
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Ability to engage children in Indoor and outdoor activities. Occasional attendance of professional development provided by local entities; attendance at local, state and national conferences; Center/family functions, parent meetings that often occur after hours and on weekends. Evening work may be required.
Must be able to regularly lift 40 pounds with or without accommodation; occasionally lift 10 pounds over head with or without accommodation. Frequent stooping, squatting, bending, sitting, standing, crawling, dancing, rolling on the floor, and performing calisthenics. Tact, diplomacy and judgment necessary in dealing with others. Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem solving ability. Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, reliable data is maintained, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are complied with. Annual completion of 30 hours of child development training. Must have negative TB test. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/04/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19873
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency