LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Part-Time)
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Part-Time)
Posting Number: SRGV3673
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Education and Academic Affairs
Scope of Job:
To perform routine laboratory research and administrative duties.
Responsible for performing laboratory procedures, recording procedure results, purchasing, laboratory organization, and training of student researchers.
Description of Duties:
• Performs all assigned job duties in the human anatomy teaching laboratory environment in accordance with all applicable laboratory policies and procedures.
• Ensures lab operations are effective, efficient and lab users comply with all established procedures.
• Ensures that all lab users follow State and Federal regulations and ethical procedures with regards to human anatomical specimen use.
• Trains faculty and students on laboratory safety and laboratory procedures and equipment operations.
• Oversees anatomy lab functions by making schedules, setting up for teaching labs, keeping it clean and safe for students and faculty on a daily basis.
• Ensures that anatomical specimens, skeletons and radiographs and images and teaching tools are appropriate for the lab conducted each day.
• Operates and maintains in excellent working condition all lab equipment and supplies to ensure smooth operation of the anatomy lab.
• Provides technical/clerical support ordering supplies, anatomical specimens and equipment.
• Provides basic technical assistance to faculty and students during lab sessions for the successful running of the course.
• Assists periodically in organizing and mentoring anatomy lab exams.
• Maintains student attendance records.
• Maintains an inventory of anatomical specimens, supplies and teaching tools. Inventory items include, plastinated human body prosections, skeletons, surgical gloves, masks, atlases of anatomy, computers, projectors, monitors, audiovisual aids, anatomy charts, transporters, trays, towels, cleaning materials etc.
• Maintains lab equipment.
• Keeps inventory and orders lab supplies.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Close supervision from assigned supervisor.
Aids in supervising student researchers.
High school diploma or equivalent.
College level class work in Biology or Chemistry.
May be required to have Valid Texas driver’s license. May be required to have All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) safety certificate or obtain within 6 months of start date.
• One (1) year of experience with laboratory and/or scientific procedures or
• Eighteen (18) hours of college level Biology and/or chemistry courses.
Proficiency in the use of PCs and other standard office equipment. Experience with standard laboratory equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal laboratory conditions. Occasionally requires working with hazardous chemicals, equipment and materials or in hazardous environments.
May require some evening and/or weekend hours. Occasional travel is required. Must be able to work cooperatively with a team of other researchers.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Part-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/06/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20110
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency