SENIOR HEALTHCARE APPLICATION ANALYST
SENIOR HEALTHCARE APPLICATION ANALYST
Posting Number: SRGV3672
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: School of Medicine/ SOM Information Technology
Scope of Job:
Responsible for tier-3 Electronic Medical Record (EMR) support and use, EMR workflow optimization, EMR billing and coding efficiency, and advanced EMR application configurations. Investigates advanced application issues, among others, and recommends configuration changes for optimal performance.
Description of Duties:
• Oversees and provides functional and technical leadership in the activities surrounding multiple complex application including design, development, implementation, issue resolution and support.
• Resolves tier-3 clinical staff application issues through action plans, initiates and tracks problems/issues resolutions, and updates clinical staff on issue status; identifies process gaps and provides optimum solutions that will create sustained improvement in quality of service.
• Serves as a key onsite clinical IT resource for facility implementation and support of a broad set of clinical applications.
• Leads and facilitates the facility’s core clinical systems team on clinical IT activities.
• Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise staff in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
• Serves as project leader for facility-based implementations of clinical applications software releases and new products.
• Works with clinical staff and facility core team members to deliver hands-on training as needed.
• Collaborates with clinical management to resolve billing, collections, or denials issues and ensures necessary systems changes are in place.
• Performs quality audits and tracks metrics related to clinical application use.
• Responsible for the continuous optimization and evaluation of the EMR use; efficient EMR Revenue Cycle process; and the Training/Onboarding of clinical staff/providers.
• Participates in clinical staff facing knowledge sharing sessions.
• Using training principles and teaching skills, ensures the comprehensive needs of the healthcare staff and patients are met in a safe, caring and professional manner.
• Develops application support training objectives, executes and evaluates the effectiveness of training programs related to a specific department/clinic/program.
• Maintains constant communication and updates on projects status and any issues related to any of the initiatives being worked on.
• Participates as a member of clinical decision support.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Healthcare Administration/Management or related field from an accredited university.
Four (4) years’ experience with applications support/configuration; clinical workflows; and record of accomplishment in providing excellent support to clinical staff.
Experience obtained in a clinical environment or hospital setting.
Use of standard office equipment. EMR application system.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others in difficult situations especially in clinical environment.
• Experience working in diverse work force/environments at all levels of healthcare.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Experience in leading others in a clinical team environment.
• Experience in clinical software training and optimization.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of electronic health records and healthcare workflows.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/06/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19852
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency