HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT I
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT I
Posting Number: SRGV3670
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: Human Resources and Talent Development
Scope of Job:
To provide routine assistance in support of process and operations to all functions in Human Resources and maintaining human resources and payroll related documents. Responsible for assisting in the administration of various functions by providing customer service and setting and maintaining personnel files.
Description of Duties:
• Provides routine support services within assigned area of Human Resources such as recruitment, benefits, training, salary administration and employee records, and/or general assistance.
• Greets visitors, answers phones, takes messages, routes calls and follow-up, responds to inquiries and/or refers as appropriate.
• Responsible for the maintenance of employee records, including status updates, terminations, and new hires.
• Performs reviews and verification of data on employee information system, files, and/or forms.
• May specialize in the area of salary administration, which includes evaluating and processing a variety of payroll documents, changes, terminations and reports.
• Assists in the collection of employee information for reports and statistical research.
• Answers employee questions and troubleshoots issues with respect to assigned area.
• May be assigned to special projects
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Technical or Associate’s degree
Six months relevant work experience in an office setting.
Experience in Human Resources.
Use of standard office equipment
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment; some evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Accuracy in all phases of work is required. Tact, diplomacy and judgment required in dealing with others. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with interruptions.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/01/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19824
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency