ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT CLINICAL AFFAIRS
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT CLINICAL AFFAIRS
Posting Number: SRGV3675
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for planning, managing and evaluating all of the clinical management and operations aspects for the practice plan of UTRGV School of Medicine: UT Health Rio Grande Valley, providing guidance and support to clinical departments and services and to faculty and practice plan leadership in the development of clinical services. Acts as the principal architect for the creation of the clinical enterprise by developing and maintaining relationships with area hospitals and clinics to support patient care.
Description of Duties:
• Provides the strategic clinical oversite and leads the overall operation of clinical practices by setting objectives, planning, staffing and directing activities.
• Ensures efficient administrative practices and protocols are in place to maximize return on clinical investment (I.e. collection rate) and compliance standards in areas such as revenue cycle operations, credentialing, and quality management.
• Leads medical service activities, including recognizing and implementing service standards, resolving medical practice questions, planning practitioner education, and researching and implementing current medical techniques and technologies.
• Works in conjunction with Health Affairs leadership to prepare budgets and monitors funding and expenditures of the practices with close attention to funds flow ensuring correct cost and revenue allocations.
• Implements processes across clinics that improve quality and patient satisfaction while maintaining patient and provider safety as well as meeting performance metrics for each clinical location.
• Develops and oversees the mission and goals for the clinical enterprise and ensures that they are aligned with overall goals of the institution.
• Ensures all clinical operations include a clear education and training expectancy to guarantee skill proficiency of all staff.
• Ensures sufficient practice support based on appropriate FTE coverage, infrastructure and equipment.
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and oversight for policies, programs, and practices to ensure that clinical operations are in compliance with federal, state, and/or local regulations and accreditation standards.
• Responsible for planning and delivery of new clinical acquisitions or openings in line with pre-set deadlines across project requirements (Clinical, facilities, etc.)
• Collaborates with Department Chairs and Center Directors to achieve their respective clinical and fiscal goals.
• In conjunction with Legal Affairs, assists with negotiations of contracts and agreements to execute the programs, and assessing clinical and patient care issues.
• Collaborates with practice management, department administrators, and department chairmen in developing the strategic plan for the practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree in business or health related field from an accredited University.
Eight (8) years of related administrative experience, including a strong record of leadership of clinical programs/ambulatory operations, building relationships with hospital and clinic partners, and development and management of a large multi-disciplinary faculty practice plan. Substantial experience in a medical school and/or health science center environment and a familiarity with the financing and delivery of healthcare, contract negotiations, clinical quality, and compliance metrics.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Strong administrative, organizational and communications skills are essential.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/01/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19876
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency