Technical Craft Specialist B (HRIS)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Technical Craft Specialist B (HRIS) position. The Technical Craft Specialist B provides clerical and administrative support for the HRIS function within the Office of Human Resources. This position is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of leave time balances for staff and twelve-month faculty in the Banner HR system, data entry of spreadsheets used for payroll processing, maintaining updates to employee records, and generating ad hoc reports. The Technical Craft Specialist B provides exceptional customer service in responding to requests and questions related to paid time off leave balances, while providing administrative support for HRIS projects, and back-up support for the scanning and imaging of personnel files and related documents.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma, or G.E.D. equivalent with seven (7) years of administrative experience; or Associate's degree, or higher, with four (4) years of administrative experience required.
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
• Prior experience utilizing an HRIS system required.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Good communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) to communicate effectively with College staff and faculty required.
• Ability to use independent judgment within established guidelines required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee records required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with rapidly changing priorities required.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• MS Access preferred.
• Ellucian Banner preferred.