Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is a member of the Institute's in-house creative team who assists and leads with the design and production of print, digital, and other special projects, under moderate supervision. Must be a multidisciplinary designer who is passionate about design and its impact, is a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of visual systems, and is able to work independently and collaboratively. Must possess a sensibility with elevated taste, a good eye for detail, and an ability to clearly communicate design concepts. Will need to adhere to deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced creative environment, and be able to incorporate institutional goals and initiatives, as well as the work of students and faculty into creative outcomes.
- Implement and iterate upon the Institute's overall design strategy and identity.
- Create print & digital materials for various departments and schools, including posters, invitations, exhibition & event materials.
- Prepare files for print and clearly communicate specifications to the production manager.
- Design web and digital materials, including animated gifs, newsletters, banners, homepage elements.
- Complete other print or digital projects assigned by the Creative Director.
- Maintain project schedules and delivery procedures.
- Manage 1-3 student employees.
- Collaborate with editors, writers, photographers, content developers, to build multi-platform communication plans that continue to strengthen the Pratt identity.
Education: Minimum B.F.A. in Graphic Design or related field with relevant design course work.
Experience: 5 years experience designing print and digital pieces, preferably an agency, studio, or in-house.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.