Senior Director, Corporate Services & Workforce Development
Department: Continuing Education
Pay Grade: 14 ($69,471-$93,133)
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for developing and implementing workforce and professional development initiatives. It oversees Workforce programs and contract training. It reports to the Vice President, Continuing Education and Training (CET).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages assigned staff and programs; ensures outcomes and goals (enrollment and revenue) are achieved; manages and coaches direct reports by providing guidance and ongoing feedback; sets goals and monitors performance; provides guidance on employee issues as needed.
- Oversees contract training: drives revenue by selling contract training and services to the business community; works with business owners and human resources professionals in community organizations to create long-term partnerships that are beneficial to the organization and are consistent with the College’s mission to support county business growth; conducts client calls and works collaboratively with human resources managers, organizational development directors, and/or business owners to analyze training and development needs; gathers data and recommends appropriate solution strategy to include training, performance management and/or other OD interventions provided by the College or its partners; plans and conducts front-end analysis and related organizational assessments; analyzes results to create appropriate solutions; conducts research, prepares proposals, and assigns pricing to client projects.
- Recruits, recommends hires, and evaluates adjunct faculty and business consultants for instructor and consulting projects.
- Monitors revenue and expenses for assigned units to ensure fiscal goals are achieved; manages unit budget and approves expenditures.
- Assists with development of learning technologies in the continuing education and training programs.
- Conducts community presentations to businesses, associations, and professional groups to make them aware of workforce training and business services; works with community partners such as economic development, business and employment research center (one-stop), chamber of commerce, and professional organizations to ensure community educational needs are met through open enrollment and customized contract training.
- Develops and maintains membership and liaison with businesses, community organizations, professional associations, government agencies, and other local entities as needed.
- Meets regularly with all Advantage C program staff to resolve issues and strategically plan new CET courses and programs offerings.
- Assists Vice President with new internal and external initiatives related to business outreach.
- Works closely with Director, Career and Continuing Professional Education to provide employer feedback regarding workforce development needs.
- Implements and oversees educational partnerships with government municipalities, non-profits, law enforcement and professional associations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Master’s degree. At least five years of related experience developing and administering adult education programs including management experience. (Bachelor’s degree with at least two additional, substantial relevant years of experience may substitute for Master’s degree.)
- Prior experience in continuing education at a community college preferred.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive
The work is normally sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hearing, Talking, Visual Acuity
- Mental Acuity
- Standing, Walking
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety
precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe
work place practices with office equipment; computers for word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; and observance of traffic signals when driving.
This position will be placed on the 12 month, Grade 14 college salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirement), emailed to [email protected]; or mail to Carroll Community College, Human Resources,1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
“Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.”
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
Apply for Senior Director, Corporate Services & Workforce Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly