Director of Corporate Solutions
Department: Continuing Education and Training, Advantage C
Pay Grade: 13 ($62,842-$84,283)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for business development and leading human performance improvement and organization development initiatives with community businesses to help organizations achieve their learning and performance goals and support organizational strategic plans. The Director consults directly with CEOs, C-suite officers, human resources managers, organizational development directors and/or business owners to assess needs, analyze performance, and recommend and implement solutions, such as training and performance management systems. The incumbent is accountable to meet sales goals and maintain superior customer satisfaction levels. This position reports to the Senior Director Corporate Services and Workforce Development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sales - Conducts business development calls, client calls and works collaboratively with human resource managers, organizational development directors, and/or business owners to analyze training and development needs, gather data, and recommend appropriate solutions strategy to include training, performance management and/or other OD interventions provided by the College. Conducts consultative selling and meets established sales goals.
- Organization Needs Assessment - Plans and conducts front-end analysis and related organizational assessments, then analyzes the results to create appropriate solutions. Documents solutions in the form of a client proposal that details project description, timeline and price.
- Recruits, selects and manages consultants and adjunct faculty for client projects. May manage multiple adjuncts for multiple projects at the same time.
- Relationship building - Builds cooperative business relationships with decision makers, managers, and other key associates. Fosters relationships that support the learning needs of business, industry, and governmental organizations and seeks out opportunities that promote Advantage C as the learning and performance solutions provider of choice.
- Sales and Client Activity Tracking - enters new clients and prospects in CRM, documents all client and prospect activity and tracks progress of client proposals.
- Curriculum Development – oversees customized training curriculum development for client projects.
- Project Management – manages all facets of client projects from start to finish, ensuring that client needs are met, quality is exceptional, and outcomes satisfy client expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
Master’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field plus two years’ experience in Continuing Education and Training, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Workforce Development; OR, Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field plus four years’ experience as described above. Excellent consulting skills, ability to influence decision makers, and effective oral and written communications skills required. Experience in training, organizational development (OD), or human performance improvement preferred. Knowledge of programs, courses, curricula, and initiatives that support individual and organizational learning. Demonstrated success in achieving sales goals. Excellent computer skills. Project management skills. Skilled in data collection and analysis including assessments/surveys, interviews, and focus groups. Experience performing these duties from an institution of higher education and/or experience developing and managing online learning and other innovative learning technologies, a plus.
Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Primarily Sedentary
- Ability to hear/speak
- Visual acuity
Office setting, local travel to client or other locations
This position will be placed on the 12 month Grade 13 college salary scale. Actual salary placement based on qualifications and experience. Position includes an excellent fringe benefit package. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirement), emailed to [email protected]; or mail to Carroll Community College, Human Resources,1601 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157.
“Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.”