Drupal Developer I
The Division of Marketing & Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus, purposefully fulfilling partner's goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University's brand and optimizes the University's reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. In words, in pictures, online and in the news media, the Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how DU and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University's strategies. The team specializes in brand management, strategic communication, community engagement, media relations, digital and social media strategy, website development, content training and strategy, print and online publications and videography and photography.
The University of Denver is in the process of a multi-year web site overhaul, including introducing a university-wide CMS. Our goal is to advance the web site as the foundation for DU marketing and the primary student recruitment vehicle. We are seeking a Front-end Drupal Developer, with expertise in Acquia, to expand the ecosystem across all academic and business units and achieve the goal of establishing a comprehensive and consistent web experience at DU. The front-end developer position is critical to achieving this overarching goal.
- Responsible for front-end development and theming.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Formulating an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme.
- Requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, JS, etc.) and aesthetic understanding (element arrangements on the screen, color and font choices, etc.).
- Work closely with back-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Strong understanding of web development trends and content management systems.
- An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Extremely fluent with HTML5/XHTML, Twig, CSS3, SASS and Foundation framework.
- Ability to understand CSS3 changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of Git - Feature Branch Workflow, Node.js, Composer, Bower Components, BLT Acquia Build and Launch Tool, PatternLab, Gulp, and Travis Continuous Integration.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working pages.
- Ability to interact with digital web team and affiliated clients to co-develop, test and comment/ document code in support of project requirements and user interface designs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects and assignments.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to travel to locations around campus on a regular basis; ability to operate and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Strong strategic mind, paired with ability to have great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills and the ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; or training and certification in military setting.
- 3-5 years of web development experience.
- 1-2 years of user experience, website design, optimization and automated testing.
- Significant experience with Drupal.
- Significant front end development experience, content creation support and or/administration of web based applications.
- Proficient with Acquia and Drupal 8.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Proficiency in XHTML, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, JSCRIPT, PHP, Foundation Framework SQL, Digital Advertising, and responsive content.
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with some nights and weekends as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on January 6, 2019. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position has been filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.