Established in 2016, the University of Denver Barton Institute for Philanthropy and Social Enterprise is a free-standing institute, meaning it is not part of any college, school, or department at the University. The mission of the institute is to bring together resources from the public, private, nonprofit, and academic sectors to improve life for people in need in Colorado.
The successful candidate will provide executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Director of the Barton Institute for Philanthropy and Social Enterprise and serve as the Institute's coordinator of budgets and contracts. He or she will work closely with the Institute's senior team, provide support to the Colorado Evaluation and Action Lab, and work effectively with members of the university community and the broader community, including people from a wide range of incomes and backgrounds. This position reports to the Director of the Barton Institute.
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Director, including assistance with correspondence, scheduling, travel, strategic initiatives, collaborations, and public engagement.
- Take notes and minutes at meetings; produce minutes and other documents from electronic dictation.
- Maintain the Institute's mailing list and other databases.
- Organize and coordinate events.
- Provide materials and support for fundraising.
- Manager the Institute's website and social media.
- Work closely with the senior team in areas related to budget development, monitoring of expenditures, and stewardship of procurement and grant contracts.
- Budget reporting
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditure reconciliation
- Process invoices
- Expense and mileage reports
- Other reimbursements
- Contract approval process
- Provide support to the Colorado Evaluation and Action Lab on the items above and as determined to equal 25% of FTE.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor; willingness and ability to deal with internal and external constituents in a professional, confidential, friendly, and responsive manner via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to edit written documents.
- Ability to solve problems in a changing environment.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Self-starter with ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- A high degree of integrity with a strong ability to maintain confidentiality and behave in an ethical manner.
- Experience maintaining detailed records.
- Familiarity with web-based data management and modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); familiarity with the Apple operating system a plus.
- Capacity to be flexible and creative in a dynamic and fun environment.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of office management or executive assistant experience.
- Experience in budget management.
- Previous experience as an executive assistant or providing high-level support.
- Experience in contracts management.
- Previous experience in higher education administration or another relevant professional setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with occasional evenings and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, December 19, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
To receive full consideration for the position, please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.