Graduate Assistant, Football
Responsible for assisting with player development both on an individual and team basis. Will coordinate and participate in specific practice training and fitness sessions relative to the sport; will schedule role specific targets by assessing individual players; and informs players of his/her responsibilities, duties and roles.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and give direction
- Can coach athletes regardless of performance level.
- Helps athletes use their talents to achieve key goals.
- Ability to recognize athletes’ potential and works to build on it.
- Supports athletes going outside of their comfort zone.
- Encourages repeating and building upon areas of strength.
- Suggests methods to improve performance.
- Models success behaviors, a positive work manner and constant self improvement.
Assists the Head Coach with the scouting and recruiting of future student athletes. Includes following all NCAA, conference and University regulations and guidelines; assessing athletic talent and academic performance of potential student athletes; determining who meets the athletic requirements and University academic standards; and coordinating scholarships per the University’s approved model.
- Able to communicate the University’s mission, vision and values.
- Maintains an approachable, professional demeanor.
- Builds rapport by listening, talking and encouraging others.
- Capitalizes on formal and informal networks to meet a goal.
- Displays passion and dedication for the University.
- Articulate and outgoing.
- Proficient (or ability to become proficient) with recruiting software.