Staff Accountant/Payroll Administrator
Responsible for quality control of monthly, hourly and student payrolls, and periodically administers payrolls. Assist in annual audit support and preparation of annual Income Tax Return. Prepares Account Reconciliation.
1. Reviews monthly, hourly and student payrolls for completeness and accuracy on a weekly basis.
2. Periodically processes monthly, hourly, and student payrolls.
3. Prepares compensation information as reported in annual 990 Federal Income Tax Return.
4. Assists with schedules and documentation for the 403 B audit.
5. Prepares journal entries for all wire transfers and other non-recorded bank transactions.
6. Prepares various journal entries as required.
7. Prepares journals and accruals for items assigned at year-end for the annual financial audit.
8. Monthly analysis and reconciliation of select general ledger accounts.
9. Acts as backup for printing general accounts payable checks.
10. Assists Assistant Controller and Controller as required.
11. Participates on and contributes to various project management teams.
12. Handles the EC credit card program including the audit of expenses.
13. Reconciliation of Dental, Health and Cobra accounts.
14. Reconcile smaller bank accounts, Development, Perkins, etc.
15. Conference Services reconciliation.
16. Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
17. Supports mission, vision and values.
1. Undergraduate degree in accounting or business.
2. Working knowledge of accounting practices.
3. Reconciliation and analysis skills.
4. Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
5. Spreadsheet, word-processing, and database experience.
Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.