Develops and implements content strategies for the enhancement of the College’s brand identity and engagement with key constituencies, particularly student recruitment and donor development. Manages the public Elmhurst College website on a daily basis.
1. Serves as lead content creator and editor for the institutional website and other web initiatives (ex. blogs, newsletters, digital advertising campaigns, social media and email marketing). Considers Search Engine Optimization best practices when creating content.
2. Collaborates with campus partners to create content that is consistent with the College brand; editing is required with most projects and is an essential aspect of the position.
3. Works with department members and external partners to enhance the website’s design and functionality for end users.
4. Ensures web content—editorial, photos, and multimedia—meets the College’s style, tone and brand standards, as well as target reading levels and accessibility compliance levels, and works to ensure that site content is current and accurate.
5. Troubleshoots problems and works with content management system provider as needed.
6. Generates and analyzes web traffic and marketing campaign reports.
7. Identifies and evaluates strategic improvements, including new technology and software; monitors trends in the industry.
8. Contributes to ongoing enhancement of the website’s information architecture.
9. Works with website agency on feature requests.
10. Provides necessary training for faculty and staff—writing for the web, basics of accessibility, branding 101, and CMS features and functions.
11. Oversees regular review rhythm and process for web content across departments and units.
12. Supports the overall objectives of the Office of Communications and Public Affairs.
13. Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
14. Supports mission, vision and values.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or design, and a strong portfolio of writing samples.
2. Two years of experience in an agency or higher education environment.
3. Experience working in a content management system, and with Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Analytics.
4. Excellent multitasking, project management and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with a commitment to high standards.
6. A passion for user experience design, social media and emerging technologies.
7. Ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion within established deadlines.
8. Ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team.
1. Experience using WordPress and Search Engine Optimization software (the office currently uses BrightEdge) for keyword research and content planning.
2. Basic knowledge of web languages (HTML5, CSS, PHP, etc.) and W3C standards.
3. Four years of higher ed experience.
Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.