Effectively coordinates and supports the work of the Office of Communications and Public Affairs. Serves as the office’s day-to-day “point person,” assisting with active jobs and logistics.
1. Serves as the office’s front desk point of contact.
2. Coordinates marketing projects and keeps the office’s project management tool updated.
3. Provides research, logistical and technical support for the office.
4. Assists team members with proofing print and web projects.
5. Supports College events through the coordination, production and proofing of event-related marketing materials.
6. Manages the office’s library of print samples from this institution and others.
7. Assists with procuring and placing advertising, in partnership with others in the department.
8. Maintains specified mailing lists and assists in the implementation of mailings.
9. Supervises and coordinates work assignments for student workers, including the College’s digital signage updates.
10. Completes correspondence, filing, telephone, and related duties.
11. Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
12. Supports mission, vision and values.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, marketing or similar field.
2. Experience in work as an administrative assistant or production assistant.
3. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
4. Capacity for managing a heavy workload and balancing a wide variety of tasks.
5. Excellent word processing, computer and telephone skills.
6. The ability to communicate and build relationships in person and through the telephone and electronic media with a wide range of on-and-off campus constituents.
7. Ability to work both independently and as a contributing team member.
8. Interest in maintaining high standards and in improving personal skills and abilities.
9. A demonstrated passion for working in a creative environment.
Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.