Payment Card Services and Cash Handling Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $92,850
In collaboration with Director of Student Business Services/Cashiers, campus and UC leadership and stakeholders, the Payment Card Services and Cash Handling Coordinator will lead strategy and influence the development of practices and polices to effectively deliver payment services consistent with UCR and Business& Financial Services mission to the campus community while maintaining compliance under University, regulatory and payment card industry (PCI) standards. As a subject matter expert in the areas of payment acceptance and compliance standards (including PCI), this position will be a key resource to campus merchants with respect to payment, cash and bank system security. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing the establishment of payment acceptance capability and service provider relationships, including financial institutions responsible for merchant card processing services, alternative payment providers and consultants or other services necessary to enable the delivery of services to meet customer objectives and ensure compliance under payment security standards.
Strong policy analysis techniques.
Strong skills in analyzing, researching and synthesizing large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals/analyses.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Able to independently and proactively take initiative and work on multiple priorities.
Ability to think strategically across the multiple businesses of the university and build relationships working across the university and UC system in a collaborative manner.
Demonstrated experience and current knowledge of compliance standards (e.g. PCI/DSS) related to the acceptance of payment cards and the requirements and processes needed for compliance under such standards.
Knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview