Assistant Director of Advocacy/ CARE Advocate
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The Assistant Director of Advocacy/CARE Advocate works closely with the CARE Director to envision, implement and evaluate CARE advocacy programmatic needs and manage the departments crisis response services as it relates to sexual assault, intimate partner violence and stalking. As a CARE Advocate, they provide confidential and privileged advice, assistance and advocacy to students, staff and faculty. Advocacy includes assistance in coordinating services with local agencies, including Student Services, the local police department, coordination of legal advocacy, medical advocacy and other assistance/University services as needed.
Demonstrated ability to work with people of various ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation and gender identities.
Ability to work effectively within and outside of the university system in developing relationships and programs to address programmatic issues and needs.
Exercises professional judgment and the flexible use of advocacy skills.
Experience in public speaking in front of diverse audiences.
Able to effectively use professional skills, objectivity and insight in effectively advocating for the complainant.
Ability to recognize complex cases that may require transferring to an advocate with more experience.
Ability to work with individuals who have experienced a sexual or domestic violence issue.
Strong skills in assessing levels of emotional distress and reacting appropriately.
Strong experience with computer programs used in the university such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, case tracking systems and other key programs necessary to perform the requirements of the position.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview