Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension - Freeport, IL (107720)
Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension
Units 1 & 4 Cluster - Freeport, IL (Stephenson County - Unit 1)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Under general supervision of the Youth Development Educator, this position will implement 4-H, youth development, and other Extension programs
• Collaborate with the Youth Development Educator, other Extension Educators and staff, and volunteers to facilitate educational activities and programs
• Coordinate logistics for youth development programs including supply, food and equipment purchases, facility rentals, and volunteer participation
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate 4-H community club-related and other educational events (for non-4-H youth) and exhibit opportunities; work closely with 4-H club leaders and volunteers to implement 4-H policies and procedures; communicate regularly with 4-H members regarding program requirements, deadlines and opportunities
• With Youth Development Educator and other Extension staff, network and collaborate with appropriate community organizations to assess youth needs and identify ways to address these needs through the 4-H and youth development program in Stephenson County
• Actively advertise and market the 4-H youth development program, recruit participants for 4-H activities, and promote Extension youth development programming to the general public
• Recruit and train volunteers for youth development educational activities. Perform regular volunteer management duties including interviews, communication, risk management and screening procedures
• Insure implementation of best management practices for youth and 4-H program activities, including guidelines to insure the safety and welfare of participants and positive youth development
• Regularly meet with 4-H Fair planning committee to organize, manage and enforce 4-H Fair deadlines, exhibits and events; recruit and orient fair judges and show superintendents; implement 4-H livestock clinics and weigh-ins; coordinate revisions and printing of 4-H Show Book; manage all state fair-related tasks and responsibilities
• Disseminate educational information developed by Extension professionals
• Submit activity reports and summary data from activities and reports in a timely manner as requested by the Youth Development Educator
• Comply with all Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assists Unit staff with data-collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports
• Perform other related duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or GED
2. Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
A. Volunteer/Work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
B. College coursework in any field of study
• 60 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
• 90 semester hours equals three (3) years (36 months)
• 120 semester hours or more equals four (4) years (48 months)
For more information about this classification:
This Extension Program Coordinator position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.85 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT PROG COORD- FREEPORT (STEPHENSON). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension - Freeport, IL (107720)
Open Date: 12/05/2018
Close Date: 01/02/2019
Organization Name: Unit 01