University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Urology
Job Title: Instructor
Position #00756716 - Requisition 15288
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-career*
The Department of Surgery, Division of Urology has an opening for a full-time Instructor position.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The faculty member will provide patient care services at University of Colorado Hospital, Urologic Oncology. This position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for ambulatory urology patients, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. NP/PA should be comfortable seeing patients in the outpatient setting autonomously with input from surgeons. This position allows the NP/PA the opportunity to lead and develop patient therapeutic and diagnostic models.
Duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing new-patient, follow-up, and post-op visits
- Order and review necessary tests / procedures; locate studies as directed or indicated
- Communicate with PCPs re: patient status
- Supervise or perform administration of intravesical or intracorporal therapies
- Add-on visits each clinic for UTI's or similar issues
- Participate in the educational, research, and quality improvement opportunities
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Masters degree in Nursing required, or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant school.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/ Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges.
- Meets and maintains the requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board for the Advanced Practice Nurse/ Physician Assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado
- Demonstrated skill in outpatient surgical care
- Comfortable with a graded autonomy
- Experience working with stomas
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of application will begin on December 15, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15288
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20341 - SOM-SRG-UR DIV Clinical
Posting Date: Dec 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jason Owens
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756716