Assistant Professor - Pediatric Neuropsychology
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Neurology
Assistant Professor - Neuropsychology
Position #756677 - Requisition #15283
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology, Neuropsychology Program, has an opening for a full time Assistant Professor. This position is responsible for providing clinical care for patients with neuropsychological disorders.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Direct in and out patient neuropsychological consultations including screening, monitoring, traditional comprehensive exams, as well as multidisciplinary, and short targeted exams;
- Participation and contribution to the training of externs, interns, and post-doctoral fellows in neuropsychology including supervision and involvement in didactic sessions;
- Demonstration of scholarly and research productivity and growth, including, but not limited to clinical research, literature reviews, involvement in the development of training or clinical guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $90,537 - $105,104 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions, please contact Jessica Martella at [email protected])
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology.
- Completion of an APA approved internship and ABCN approved postdoctoral program in Pediatric Neuropsychology.
- Eligible for licensure in Colorado, and have passed the EPPP.
- Board Eligible in Neuropsychology (ABPP/ABCN); Board certification is required within 5 years of start.
- Experience in providing multiple types of neuropsychological care (e.g. beyond comprehensive exams).
- Experience in provision of supervision.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check.
Competencies - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
- Knowledge of a range of pediatric neurologic and medical conditions.
- Familiarity with assessment instruments used with children and adolescents.
- Ability to create strong and respectful helping relationships.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a group to identify and solve problems on a daily and longer-term basis.
- Ability and persistence to work towards longer term goals.
- Ability to recover quickly, and to adapt to stress and adversity in the face of working with disabled and medically fragile population.
- A history of successful independent academic and scholarly activity.
- Experience in the supervision of neuropsychologists in training.
- Experience working in Child Neuropsychology practice, either private or academic.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Special Instructions to Applicants *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Greta Wilkening at [email protected]
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20947 - SOM-PEDS Neurology-GenOps
Posting Date: Dec 5, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Greta Wilkening
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756677