JOB NO.: 96880-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Human Resources, Payroll
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96880-AS
Working Title: Recruitment Specialist
Official Title: SR HUMAN RESOURCES SPEC(S36BN) or HUMAN RESOURCES SPEC(S36DN) or ASSOC HUMAN RESOURCES SPEC(S36FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $47,500 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree with preferred emphasis in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of two years of human resources experience
- Knowledge of recruitment, assessment and selection strategies and methods.
- Knowledge of policies and laws related to human resources.
License or certificate:
Under the general direction of the Division of Facilities Planning & Management's Director of Human Resources, the Recruitment Specialist is responsible for the execution of recruitment activities and working with Hiring Managers to identify, attract and hire highly skilled talent. This position executes coordinated hiring plans and recruiting strategies as well as enhances the Division of Facilities Planning & Management's visibility and reputation in key recruiting channels including recruiting for workforce diversity. This position supports the full cycle of the recruitment process including the development of search strategies, recruiting, interviewing, referencing, offer creation and negotiation, and coordination with the Division of Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) Onboarding Coordinator. This position will also serve as a subject matter expert regarding the UW-Madison recruitment and assessment policies and practices.
With a 24 hour a day, seven day a week operation, consisting of 1100+ Academic, University, Temporary and Student employees, the Recruitment Specialist plays a lead role in advancing recruitment best practices throughout the division in order to support FP&M's mission of providing excellence in facilities and services for our university community.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to use independent judgment, initiative, creativity, discretion and problem-solving.
- Ability to be resourceful and manage workload independently, while contributing to team projects, goals and initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to engagement, inclusion and diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with developing and sustaining collaborative work relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Preferred: experience with recruitment technologies, experience utilizing data and generating reports, experience working in a higher education environment; and, familiarity with UW-Madison policies, procedures, and systems.
Instructions to applicants:
Please upload a Cover Letter and Resume.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Dec 5 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Jan 4 2019 11:55 PM Central Standard Time