Senior Associate Director, Office of Student and Financial Aid (107159)
Senior Associate Director
Office of Student and Financial Aid
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Senior Associate Director in the Office of Student and Financial Aid. The Senior Associate Director is a senior member of the management team responsible for policies and operations in the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA). This position reports to the Director of the Office of Student Financial Aid and is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the office and the supervision and management of the Processing and Operations and Student Services and Outreach Units. This position is second in command and makes decisions and represents the office in the absence of the Director. S/He is expected to participate as a leader in national, regional, and state financial aid associations.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a senior member of the office's management team which directs all office activity including, but not limited to, planning, supervision, staff training, public presentations, serving as a liaison with appropriate offices and agencies, communication, developing and implementing policies and procedures, regulatory compliance, fiscal management, report preparation, and directing day-to-day activities of the office.
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction in the Processing and Operations and Student Services and Outreach Units in the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Serve as liaison with campus departments, outside agencies, and all stakeholders who have connections with the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Serves as a member of the Banner Student Business Owners Group (BSBOG) and other campus committees as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, NCAA and institutional financial aid programs and campus awarding processes.
- Identify problems and contribute to the development and implementation of solutions. This position is second in command and makes decisions and represents the office in the absence of the Director.
- Responsible for the overall management of the office; coordinates special projects and new office-wide initiatives; maintains office policies and procedures manual; prepares financial aid research, reports and surveys; and other duties as assigned by the Director of the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Education, Computer Science, Social Science, or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a student financial aid office including supervisory experience.
Preferred Experience Qualifications:
- Ten years of relevant experience with a demonstrated ability to administer financial aid and manage financial aid staff at a large, complex university that delivers a wide range of programs and services to a diverse student body.
- Ability to find solutions and develop implementation plans in a highly automated environment.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex issues and develop solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a commitment to providing good customer service.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of Banner.
This position is a 100% full time, twelve month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The expected start date is as soon after the close of the search. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by January 7, 2019. Interviews may begin prior to close of the search, but a hiring decision will not be made until the search closes. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Student Financial Aid
Title: Senior Associate Director, Office of Student and Financial Aid (107159)
Open Date: 12/05/2018
Close Date: 01/07/2019
Organization Name: Student Financial Aid