Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program (APA Accredited) at our Washington, DC Campus is seeking a highly qualified Department Chair, who typifies our engaged scholar- practitioner model of education. The start date for this position is Fall 2018.
- Maintenance of collegial and supportive relationships with relevant accrediting and professional bodies and completion of required reporting or documentation.
- Faculty committee and production assignments
- Facilitation of Program Faculty Governance and All Faculty meetings.
- Supervision and development of Program, Affiliate, and Adjunct Faculty to meet quality and accreditation standards and goals as well as institutional priorities
- Supervision of Director of Clinical Training, and oversight of all training activities to meet quality and accreditation standards and goals.
- Oversight and coordination of the academic program and development of the curriculum to meet quality, relevance, and accreditation standards and goals
- Teach 6 credits per academic year
- Oversight and coordination of student review and development efforts.
- Participation in research, writing and ultimate responsibility for any necessary self-study or program-related reports.
- Management of the student learning assessment plan and the program review process for the department to identify needed improvements to student learning
- Development of strategic academic and budget plans for Department, including recommendations from the assessment and program review process.
- Achievement of departmental academic and financial goals.
- Outreach and recruitment of faculty and support of student recruitment.
- Supervision of the department manager to achieve department operational goals.
- Supervision of the teaching, advisement, dissertation activities, and other duties performed by Faculty members to meet department academic goals
- Must be a licensed, doctoral clinical psychologist (APA accredited program) whose credentials and expertise are consistent with the mission of the department and the institution.
- Teaching and academic administration at the post-secondary level as well as professional experience is required.
- Familiarity of and experience with APA Standards of Accreditation is highly preferred.
- Solid people development skills with a focus on providing opportunities for faculty and staff to excel.
**Interested individuals should attach to their application (a) a letter highlighting their qualifications; (b) a curriculum vitae; and (c) a list of three references with contact information.**
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology