Adjunct Faculty-BA Psychology- Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
The BA Psychology Department is seeking highly qualified candidates for adjunct faculty positions in our blended program on the Los Angeles Campus to join our current dynamic faculty who are utilizing the engaged practitioner model to facilitate our undergraduate elective courses. We offer a wide range of undergraduate courses that prepare our students for sought-after careers in psychology, as well as for a seamless transition into our graduate program upon completion of their Bachelor's degree. Courses and topics offered in the electives of our program include:
- Social Work, Social Welfare, and Social Policy and Ethics
- International Psychology and global applications
- Business, Industrial and, Organizational Psychology
- Human Resources and workplace leadership
- Working with all Children, Adolescents, and Families
- Cultural Impact and diversity
- Addiction Studies and Counseling
This position requires a unique skillset as it will include both on-campus, face-to-face teaching at our Los Angeles Downtown campus, as well as working with students online. Online courses at The Chicago School are taught through the Canvas learning management system.
Prior to teaching, all new adjunct faculty members in Online-Blended Programs will participate in our 7-week Teaching Online Pedagogy and Standards (TOPS) course, which covers best practices and new developments in online teaching and learning.
Engage students in General Education curriculum through discussion and assignments as outlined in the course syllabi. Provide students substantive feedback in a timely manner. Respond to student questions and concerns. Provide supplemental material as needed. . Attend departmental meetings and events such as open house virtually or in person at least once during the teaching term.
- Advanced degree in fields related to areas listed above is required. Doctoral degree is strongly preferred.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is a must, please include past teaching experience and education in application materials.
- Professional experience in the course subject area is strongly preferred; candidates who hold licenses, certifications, and/or practice in their respective areas are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with successful experience teaching in blended programs with both on-ground and online components are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology