Requisition # 2018-9681
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Mechanical Technician will safely and efficiently perform mechanical / technical functions involving the layout, fabrication, assembly, testing, repair and modification of mechanical & associated electrical or electronic devices, assemblies and systems associated with Fusion Energy Research.
- Testing and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and / or electronic devices, assemblies and systems, according to instructions, technical manuals, and on own knowledge of systems, components and their functions. Ability to work with and read CAD drawings.
- Fabricates and assembles developmental systems as a complete prototype models; develops and tests systems; assists engineers and researchers in the design of equipment, provides design detail where lacking and recommends modifications to design.
- Contributes to the selection and setting up of test apparatus and evaluation of the performance and reliability of prototypes.
- Develops methods for performing adjustments, calibration alignments and modifications to repair or replace malfunctioning systems, circuitry and other hardware components
- Maintains pertinent records and prepares periodic reports on unit activities.
- Maintains PPPL required training to perform assigned tasks.
Technical institute or AA degree with 3 to 5 years of experience; or no degree and 5 + years of related experience.
Proficient knowledge and skill associated with a technical specialty ( assembly, fabrication, carpentry, etc.). Timely completion and delivery of assigned tasks.
Must be able to follow PPPL Safety requirements, including compliance with procedures and JHA's. Must be physically capable of lifting 10 Kg of equipment /materials / tools. Safely climb ladders, work in various positions, walk to job sites, stand while working on various projects.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.