INVESTMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST, DUMAC
INVESTMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST, DUMAC
Job Description DUMAC, Inc. ("DUMAC") manages the investment portfolio of Duke University's endowment and other related pools of financial assets. The mission of Duke University's endowment is to support the people, programs, and activities of the university in perpetuity. Over the years, growth of the endowment through investment return and charitable giving has enabled the university to provide scholarships and fellowships to students, build faculty excellence, launch new programs and research efforts, and support a wide range of important needs.
Summary of responsibilities:
This individual will play a key role on the Finance team. This team is responsible for the accounting, investment operations, and performance analytics for all assets classes in which DUMAC invests. The individual is responsible for the day-to-day execution of investment operations plus related functions to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all financial information for assigned accounts and responsibilities. The individual will focus on the execution of core business processes for DUMAC related to the following general areas of responsibility: account management; transaction & cash processing; accounting & security pricing; performance & analytics; and securities and derivatives processing and settlement. The performance analyst may also participate in legal, audit, tax, risk, and due diligence activities and may assist or coordinate the development and/or implementation of best practicesand/or technologies to improve business processes. The performance analyst is expected to reporthis/her activity and accomplishments to the team Leader on a periodic basis.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain portfolio accounting systems for both private and public investments, and separately-managed accounts.
• Research and resolve any valuation and performance-related issues
• Reconcile trade entry, accounting, and performance reporting systems
• Execute cash movements and ensure trades are processed accurately and timely
• Coordinate with internal investment managers, external investment managers, & personnel at the administrator and the custodian bank
• Assist investment personnel with reviewing investment performance and operational results
• Complete required ad hoc reporting and special projects as necessary
• Fundamentalaccounting knowledge required; interest in financial markets and products preferred
• Knowledge of Derivative Settlements and Processing is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and thrive in a team setting
• Unwavering commitment to ethical behavior and professionalism
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must be self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, and an effective communicator
• Ability to prioritize workload, set deadlines independently and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
• Ability to utilize internal/external resources and interact with all levels of the organization. Cooperative and service-oriented attitude and demeanor
• Ability to learn tasks independently and to apply previous experience to current responsibilities. Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise. Remains current in systems and technology applicable to the job
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and presentation skills.
• Ability to remain flexible, to handle a variety of tasks and changing priorities
• Excellent attention to detail. Ability to proofread and edit with accuracy
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• General knowledge of investments, investment accounting and investment performance
• Advanced ability with Microsoft Excel Departmental preferences:
Education and experience
• BS in accounting, finance, economics or related quantitatively-oriented field preferred, with proven academic excellence
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in investment accounting/operations, Big 4 public accounting, or custodian bank / prime broker operations.
• Plus but not required: MBA, Masters in Accounting, CPA, CFA
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
2231 PERFORMANCE ANALYST, DUMAC
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical skills generally acquired through completionof a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, ManagementScience or a related quantitatively-oriented field.
Work requires the ability to analyze and evaluate investmentperformance generally acquired through one year of experience in theinvestment or a related field.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.