Advanced Practice Provider I/UKHC
The Advanced Practice Provider I (APP), functioning as a Nurse Practitioner, will work as a member of the Primary Care team in General Pediatrics at UK Pediatrics at Family Care Center.
This position will provide acute and ongoing care and coordination of care to children and adolescents.
The APP has a strong foundation in evidenced-based practice and education and has a responsibility for ensuring an environment of safe quality care.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an advanced level of medical knowledge, clinical and technical competency, sound clinical judgment, professionalism as it relates to interpersonal and general communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and will take responsibility for ongoing professional development and competency validation.
The APP I will maintain an individual template. Clinic hours are from 8a-7p Monday - Friday and this position will be responsible for maintaining clinical sessions based upon patient volume and clinical demand.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
Advanced Practice Provider I/UKHC
7H672: PEDIATRICS-FAMILY CARE CENTER
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Requires lifting, pushing or pulling objects (children) up to 50 lbs, sitting and standing for long periods of time
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Potential for extended evening hours until 7:00pm
Experience in nursing or health care delivery. Experience with electronic medical records and demonstrate efficiency and competency in clinical practice.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
APRN with a Bachelor's degree plus one or more years related experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * Please indicate your years of paid employment experience working as a nurse practitioner in a Pediatrics practice.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter