The Registered Nurse Navigator position will provide support to patients and their family members to navigate appointments, services, resources, schedules and education related to the care provided within the Bluegrass Care Clinic in the Division of Infectious Diseases.
The nurse navigator provides support to the patient and family across the continuum to ensure smooth transitions in care for Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT).
The ID Division is searching for a highly motivated individual who will provide care and support for the patient and family throughout their care both internally and externally of UK Healthcare to enhance patient experience.
The Registered Nurse Navigator member will serve as the nurse expert for the OPAT multidisciplinary team regarding outpatient and inpatient therapy.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
7H361:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - INFECTIO
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting and walking for long periods of a time
Monday- Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to work in a team as well as independently and to be assertive and serve as an advocate for the patient.
The ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with patients and their families, co-workers, and physicians is essential to delivering collaborative care to our patients.
It is also necessary to have strong organizational, prioritization, and delegation skills. In addition, the candidate will have basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the internet.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer candidates who also have one or more of the following; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification and PICC line care experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * How much paid employment experience do you have with telephone triage?
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Give an example of a phone conversation you have had with a very ill patient.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your experience with chronic care management?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter