Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
The Clinical Services Technician (CST) will be responsible for direct patient care and providing clinical support to providers. The Heart Transplant and LVAD Clinics CST is essential to outpatient clinic flow and patient care. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: obtaining patient medical history information; expediting patient flow; rooming patients; stocking clinic with supplies; navigating electronic health records system; the scheduling and follow-up of appointments; assisting with medication fill requests and prior authorizations; scheduling tests, procedures, and consults; providing excellent customer service to all customers including healthcare providers, family, and payors; answering phone calls; providing basic medical support to include rooming patients, taking vital signs, gathering patient history, etc.; chaperoning visits as needed; checking-out patients; verifying insurance coverage and obtaining authorization, and; maintaining clinic cleanliness and organization.
Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
CST - LVAD/Heart Transplant
H3080:Critical Care Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program.
BLS at time of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider.
The physical requirements of this position will include occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50lbs; working/standing while wearing a lead apron; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 25lbs; sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); and occasional (
Day shift, Monday-Friday
The ideal candidate will have: SRNA and/or CMA certification; direct patient care experience working in a hospital, clinic, and/or medical office setting; the ability to manage multiple activities and timelines; an excellent medical terminology background; organizational skills; dependability; exceptional communication skills (written & verbal); the ability to work well both independently as well as closely with co-workers in a supportive team environment; computer skills and knowledge (including Microsoft Office); strong customer service skills; excellent active-listening skills, and; possess a high attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Patient care in a hospital, clinic, or medical office preferred. State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA) and/or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) also preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, or 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program?
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter