Social Worker Senior/UKHC
A Senior Social Worker provides medical social services to patients and families in cases where specific problems related to environmental and/or psychological aspects influence the effective inpatient or outpatient treatment; works in tandem with the RN Case Manager to formulate and implement the patient's discharge plan with an assigned medical service. Provides psychosocial assessments for all consulted/referred patients and in situations of abuse and neglect of all age groups; and provides follow-up as needed.
Social Worker Senior/UKHC
Senior Social Worker - Case Management
H4019: Continuum of Care
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Certified Social Worker (CSW)
The physical requirements of this position include occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 50 lbs.; standing or walking with objects weighing 10-25 lbs.; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time performing tasks requiring repetitive motions (such as typing); occasional exposure to loud noises, hazardous chemicals and fumes, and bloodborne/airborne pathogens; occasional interaction with combative or violent people; and occasional (
Monday through Friday, 3:00pm-11:30pm; may require occasional holiday shifts per department needs.
The ideal candidate will possess hospital based social work experience and have Certified Social Worker (CSW) licensure; strong understanding of NASW guidelines, related to patient relationships and care; have direct patient care experience; have exceptional communication skills (written & verbal); enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; outstanding computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); above average customer service skills; and active listening skills. Additionally, candidate should be able to provide appropriate crisis intervention, emotional support, resource information, legal reporting, arrange case conferences, and facilitate bio-ethical consultations.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
A minimum of 3 years' experience providing social services in a medical setting preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's of Social Work degree?
- * Do you possess a Certified Social Worker (CSW) License or are eligible to obtain one, which will allow you to work in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have providing social services in a medical setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe any experience you have had providing social services in a medical setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter