Social Worker Senior/UKHC
The department of Internal Medicine-Infectious Disease seeks a bilingual Social Worker Senior (Spanish/English) that will ensure a seamless continuum of care for patients who receive medical case management through the Ryan White Part B program at the Bluegrass Care Clinic. This position will become an integral part of the multidisciplinary HIV care team to provide intensive medical case management services to ensure continuity of clinical and social services available to HIV positive, monolingual, Spanish speaking patients. This position will perform and document psychosocial assessments and assist clients in accessing medical and social services either directly or through referrals. The Social Work Senior will work to empower clients towards self-sufficiency and coordinate the delivery of comprehensive medical and supportive services for monolingual, Spanish speaking patients. This position will also coordinate support groups for Spanish speaking patients. The Social Work Senior will also be responsible for the overall development and primary contact for the coordination of Hispanic services available at the BCC, including seeking additional grant resources and coordination of community collaborators.
Social Worker Senior/UKHC
Hispanic Program Social Worker Senior
7H361:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - INFECTIO
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Certified Social Worker (CSW)
on occasion, may lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Mostly days, 8am-5pm. Other days and hours as needed.
MS Windows, Excel, Access (or other database experience), Outlook
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree?
- * Do you possess a Certified Social Worker (CSW) or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) license that will allow you to practice in the state of Kentucky?
- * Have you completed medical interpretation training through 'Bridging the Gap' or a similar training?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter