Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series, Open Ranks, (General Dermatologist)
Open date: December 5th, 2018
Next review date: January 5th, 2019
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series, Open Ranks
Department of Dermatology, UC Irvine
The Department of Dermatology at the University of California, Irvine is recruiting outstanding applicants for a Dermatologist at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank. Candidates must possess a M.D., Ph.D., or M.D./PhD degree in the field of Dermatology or equivalent, and must be board eligible or board certified in Dermatology. Responsibilities include patient care, teaching, and academic activities. The successful candidate will work with a collaborative group of 13 faculty, 15 residents, 5 fellows, and dedicated staff. The UCI Skin Club has in excess of 30 members across the campus in basic sciences and other disciplines.
What We Offer:
• A competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, & vision.
• Generous vacation time and professional development support.
• A desirable location in beautiful Orange County. Residents enjoy a high standard of living, great schools, limitless year-round recreational and outdoor activities, world-famous beaches, the arts, sports, an abundance of great cuisine, and cultural diversity.
Requirements: Applicant must possess a M.D., Ph.D., or M.D./PhD degree in the field of Dermatology or equivalent, and should be board-certified or board-eligible in Dermatology. Candidates with demonstrated capabilities for teaching, professional competence/activity, and University/public service suitable for the HS Clinical Professor series at the UCI Department of Dermatology will be considered.
Positions are dependent upon funding. Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability of support. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should apply through UC Irvine's RECRUIT system located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05051
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
- 3-4 Letters of Reference
Christopher B. Zachary, MBBS, FRCP
Professor and Chair
Department of Dermatology
University of California, Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: http://dermatology.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-4 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now