Film Production Assistant Professor
Description of Position
Diablo Valley College is Seeking a full-time tenure-track professor in the area of Film, Television, and Electronic Media. The successful candidate will be qualified to provide instruction in all areas of Film Production. Courses may include, but are not limited to, film production and directing, film editing, television production, online media, and career education studies.
Film Production Assistant Professor
Diablo Valley College
Any Bachelor€™s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
1. Demonstrated commitment to student learning and to the success of all
students in the open-access learning environment of a community college.
2. Demonstrated ability to close equity gaps by effectively motivating and teaching community college students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, genders, cultures, and learning styles, as well as students with disabilities or varied levels of academic preparation.
3. Commitment to professional growth and development, innovation and improvement of teaching, and assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment.
4. Experience researching, acquiring and maintaining equipment for film and television production.
5. Industry knowledge in the production and distribution of films.
6. Demonstrated ability in growing and maintaining a successful Film production program.
7. Experience with TV production, Film Production/editing/directing.
8. Experience or ability to teach other digital media courses such as Motion Graphics.
9. General knowledge of film history.
10. Familiarity with screenwriting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please respond to the required Supplemental Questions addressing the minimum and desirable qualifications. Also, please respect the word limits for each question. These supplemental questions are a required part of the application. They are designed to give you the opportunity to provide information about how you meet the desirable qualifications for the position. ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS even if you repeat information provided elsewhere in the application. The information provided in these questions will be used to determine which individuals will be invited for an interview and teaching demonstration. Your cover letter should explain your interest in the position. Include all undergraduate and graduate unofficial transcripts (must show date degree was conferred). Note: The disciplines listed in the minimum qualifications are determined by the statewide Academic Senate for California Community Colleges. A PhD is considered to encompass a Master€™s degree. Other than that, if the title(s) of your degree major(s) listed on your unofficial transcripts or other documents from the degree-granting institutions are not an EXACT MATCH to the degrees listed below, please submit an equivalency form. Without it, your application will not be considered. You can copy and paste the following in your browser, http://www.4cd.edu/career/forms/MastersDegreeEquiv.pdf, to obtain the equivalency form. The completed form can be uploaded in the attachment section of the application.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.