Student Employment - Bronco STAR Peer Learning Assistants (PLAs)
Position InformationPosition Information Position Title: Student Employment - Bronco STAR Peer Learning Assistants (PLAs) Position Number: APR - 0418 Full-time or Part-time: Part Time Department: Temporary Pools Posting Number: 0401683 SHRA/EHRA: SHRA Job Category: Student Hiring Range: $10.00-$12.00 Minimum salary: $10.00/hour Maximum salary: $12.00/hour Overall Position Competency: TMP Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Peer Learning Assistants work with Bronco STAR Program participants in peer sessions to provide tutorial assistance in various courses. The goal is to provide academic support to students to improve their performance in designated courses. The duties and responsibilities of a PLA are as follows:
• Provide individual, small group and on-line academic support to individuals in the Bronco STAR program.
• Develop a full working knowledge of learning styles and strategies, academic skills development materials and learning strategies. PLAs will also work extensively with assistive technology.
• Meet with Academic Coach to plan appropriate academic services for students. • Assist Academic Coach program activities and workshops.
• Participate in Bronco STAR PLA staff meetings and professional development training sessions.
• Perform other duties consistent with the position of a PLA.
All tutorial sessions are documented with goals and measurable outcomes.
Undergraduate students taking at least twelve (12) semester hours or graduate students taking at least nine (9) semseter hours are considered full-time students and are therefore unable to work more than 20 hours per week total. This provision includes any job in which the student receives compensation from Fayetteville State University.
Please call the Office of Human Resources for further information.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Shows proficiency in the content areaKnowledge skills and abilities:
Excellent communication skills
Flexibility in regard to work environment
Open to training and skills development
Ability to work with students one-on-one and in small groups
Experience working with students with learning differences
Experience tutoring college students Experience with assistive technology
Current full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are employed as student employees by Fayetteville State University are unable to work more than 20 hours per week total. This provision includes any job in which the student receives compensation from Fayetteville State University
Please call the Office of Human Resources for further informationClosing Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Other Information EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at FSU?
- * Do you currently work for Fayetteville State University?
- If you answered yes to the above questions, please list:1. Which department you currently work in 2. How many hours per week you currently work3. When your contract with this department will end
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae