Job Number: 81376
JOB DESCRIPTION Stage Technician Frost Amphitheater and Bing Concert Hall Stanford Live Job Family: Facilities
Job Series Facilities Specialist
Job Code: 4372 Classification Level: G Exemption: Exempt
Presenting more than 150 performances annually, Stanford Live is the performing arts presenter at Stanford University and manager of Bing Concert Hall and Frost Amphitheater. Stanford Live uses a variety of performance venues both on and off campus.
The Stage Technician reports to the Director of Operations and Production. This position primarily supports Bing Concert Hall with a focus on stage management, stage systems and general maintenance and production support of Stanford Live, the Department of Music and other users of the facility. Additional responsibilities include cross-departmental support of other production team members. Support for Stanford Live performances in other campus and off campus venues will be required.
The Stage Technician maintains high standards of craftsmanship, efficiency and safety in all productions and events. Stanford Live venues are technically complex and require a high-level understanding of audio, video, lighting and rigging.
- Drafting ability in Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD
- Established ability to collaborate effectively w/faculty, staff, students, interns, guest artists and other professionals representing a wide diversity of personalities.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing situations and priorities in a calm and professional manner while remaining calm and collected under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines, follow schedules and follow rapid instructions.
- Capacity to receive and operate cues during tech rehearsals and performance.
- Knowledge of job-related health/safety issues and ability to identify potential hazards.
- Good computer skills on both PC and MAC systems with experience working in Microsoft Office and a strong understanding of networking technologies.
- Able to work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work at heights (between 4 to 10 feet), around moving machinery, and with exposure to noise, vibration, dust, and drafts within an OSHA compliant environment.
- Understanding of theatrical lighting technology, including ETC, GrandMA, VariLite and other industry standard
- Theatrical terminology, stage rigging, scenic construction technology, and theatrical production equipment.
- Backstage operations and coordination.
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience, courtesy and cultural sensitivity.
- Safe operation of hand and power tools used in theatrical environment.
- Read, understand, and follow safety procedures.
- Work cooperatively as a team member and communicate effectively.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
The successful candidate will:
- Must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University requirements when operating university-owned vehicles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrate commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Arts, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency