Athletics Accounting Associate
Athletics Accounting Associate
Job Number: 81373
Position Title: Athletics Accounting Associate
Classification: 4440 / E / Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Sr. Financial Analyst
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 117 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men's and women's Capital One Cups, and brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 24 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Department of Athletics is seeking an experienced Accounting Associate to join our team with the opportunity for growth and expansion. You find a new challenge each day working with administrative units in the department, suppliers, service providers, and many more teams around campus. You will be working cohesively and collaboratively with department administration by initiating and monitoring all financial transactions related to several sport programs and administrative units. These include advances, reimbursements, requisitions, purchase orders, journals, p-card transactions, travel card transactions, etc. In addition, you will perform other financial functions for these programs such as reconciling and reporting.
Your responsibilities include:
- Using multiple University financial systems, you will initiate financial transactions for several sport programs and several administrative units.
- Monitor and follow up on transactions with internal and external vendors, DAPER administrators and coaches, University accounts payable, travel and reimbursement, procurement, etc. to ensure all transactions are fully completed in a timely manner. Investigate unusual items.
- Answer questions from coaches and administrators regarding expense details as requested, including running reports in the OBI Reporting System. Maintain supplemental budget tracking tools as requested by coaches and administrators.
- Assist with general analysis of DAPER expenditures, including preparing periodic reports.
- Serve as the custodian and verifier of department Purchasing Cards (P-Card) and Travel Cards.
- Provide general support to the accounting and finance area, including general utility bills, invoice and vendor statement distribution, central iJournals, etc.
- Serve as back-up for other Accounting Associates as necessary.
- Assist with other administrative responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a customer service orientation, sound judgment and an attention to detail are required.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a busy work environment is required.
In addition, our preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant work experience.
- A basic understanding of finance and accounting principles is desired.
- An understanding of/experience with the University's financial systems (Oracle Financials) or other similar systems is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is desired.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford's Careers webpage
Location: Athletics, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency